NOURISH YOUR TEMPLE
New Vegan recipes every week
1. JELENA’S VEGAN BURGER
splash of olive oil or coconut oil 1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cooked black beans
1 and 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas 2 cups cooked quinoa
1 test dried parsley
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp mustard powder 1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 tsp coconut sugar 1/2 cup soy sauce
1. In a small pan, medium high heat. Add a splash of olive or coconut oil, onion and garlic and cook until the onion becomes dark and caramelized.
2. In a large bowl add the black beans, and chickpeas. Smash the beans and chickpeas using the fork. (or blend it in Nutribullet).
3.When the onion and garlic are fully cooked add to the large bowl along with the quinoa, parsley, sage, paprika, oregano, mustard powder, sea salt, black pepper, and brown(coconut) sugar. Mix very well to combine. Add the soy sauce to the bowl. Mix again to combine.
5. Use your hands to form patties from the mixture. Place each patty on a foil lined baking tray.
6. Bake the patties at 350* for 20 minutes until the patties become browned on top and firmer. Cool completely before storing.
7. Serve on a bun or lettuce
JELENA’S VEGAN E BOOK